Thursday, January 18, 2024

Industry Interviews

 


When preparing to think about industry I wanted to research interviews and interview techniques specific to the media and theatre industry,to make sure these techniques and tips were relevant I researched not only Indeed but also researched the BBC,ITV and National theatre.Through this research I was able to understand that even though there is a lot of transferable techniques between interviewing for different companies there are also industry/company differences depending on were and what you apply for in the industry.
We were able to have the opportunity to pitch an idea to the Creative Director of Middle Child Productions,Andrew Eastel which is usually a part of the interview process at media firms.This also helped me to feel more comfortable pitching an idea as I am currently in the application process of the BBC Apprenticeship Scheme and presenting a pitch is part of the process.Before the pitch we were sent this as an example of an interview offer letter.


The Video of My Presentation for Middle Child Productions: 


This is my Pitch Presentation:


This interview allowed me to prepare for future interviews and gave me the experience of an interview process as well as being able to take feedback and criticism of my work and how to think about ideas differently to engage and entertain not only a producer but an audience.






No comments:

Post a Comment

B1 Personal Progression

 Hi my name is Chloe Meadows.I am a Year 2 Media Student with an interest in videography and editing as well as working in technical theatre...